Yourgene Health is a leading integrated technologies and services business, enabling the delivery of genomic medicine. The group works in partnership with global leaders in DNA technology to advance diagnostic science.
Yourgene primarily develops, manufactures, and commercialises simple and accurate molecular diagnostic and screening solutions, for reproductive health and precision medicine. The Group’s portfolio of in vitro diagnostic products includes non-invasive prenatal tests (NIPT) for Down’s Syndrome and other genetic disorders, Cystic Fibrosis screening tests, invasive rapid aneuploidy tests and DPYD genotyping assays.
Building on our expertise in cell-free DNA, Yourgene’s Ranger Technology offers next generation size selection with a range of sample preparation platforms for dynamic target enrichment. Ranger® Technology can be utilised to improve workflows and performance in multiple applications including NIPT, oncology, infectious disease testing and gene synthesis.
Yourgene Genomic Services offers a clinical service from UK and Taiwan focusing on precision medicine and reproductive health, including NIPT.
Molecular diagnostics is approx. a $10 billion market opportunity globally and growth is around 7-10% per year and demand for molecular diagnostics is ever increasing. This growth has been driven by:
• COVID and other infectious diseases testing
• Molecular signatures in cancer for improved prognosis and monitoring and molecular biomarkers in cancer for improved therapy selection (together, precision medicine)
• Non-invasive prenatal testing (NIPT)
• Genetic screening
Molecular diagnostics is a very attractive market, with large size and growth and strong pricing dynamics. It delivers real medical value to multiple stakeholders, including doctors, patients, health care systems, payors and hospitals. Typically, products enjoy long and significant IP and regulatory protection, and it provides a global opportunity landscape. Yourgene is incredibly well-positioned to benefit from the significant growth in this highly attractive market.
WHERE YOURGENE ADDS VALUE
• Ranger® Technology (LightBench®, LightBench® Detect & NIMBUS Select) can take advantage of many market segments and presents a unique opportunity. There are multiple new applications with substantial addressable markets that Ranger® can add value to. The market is currently adopting this new innovate technology and is focused on its application in Liquid Biopsy, including oncology and NIPT, with research use cases in gene synthesis and metagenomics.
• In the NIPT market there is a significant opportunity for Yourgene to influence and disrupt the NIPT market through leveraging Ranger® DNA Size Selection - opening doors to existing labs:
o Fetal fraction enrichment during sample preparation – unique to Yourgene, increase adoption to all
o Performance improvements and cost efficiencies for labs to move from premium cell stabilisation tubes to EDTA
• The addition of clinically relevant microdeletions to our workflow offering, making our NIPT solution for labs even more competitive
• Genomic Services - high-throughput laboratory infrastructure, built in a modular, agile manner to provide operational flexibility and reactive capabilities. Focused portfolio with deep content, clinical expertise across NGS applications such as oncology and reproductive health.
Dr John Brown:
John joined the Board at Yourgene in July 2019 and has over 20 years’ capital markets experience in the healthcare and life sciences sector. He is currently a Chairman of Calcivis Ltd and a NED of Skylark Therapeutics Ltd. He was until recently Senior Independent...
Mary joined the Yourgene Health Board in January 2022 as a Non-executive Director and is Chair of the Audit and Risk Committee. Mary has extensive experience in the healthcare sector, having previously been Chief Financial Officer and Board member of AIM listed...
Andy was appointed to the Board in January 2023, he is one of the UK's most experienced mid-market corporate transformation specialists. Andy has a consistent track record of success in supporting management teams in the rapid recovery of businesses and the...
Jonathan has 25 years of experience working for leading global life sciences and diagnostic companies and has worked on more than 50 merger and acquisition transactions in his career, including seven years at Roche Diagnostics (2008-2015), where he held the position...
Chief Executive Officer (Director)
Lyn is a seasoned executive in global healthcare and IVD markets. Since Lyn joined Yourgene Health plc in 2018 he has been instrumental in the transformation of the business. He led the group through four acquisitions including Elucigene Diagnostics and Coastal...
Dr Bill Chang, Ph.D:
Bill is the Chief Entrepreneur at Yourgene Health and he was the Chief Executive Officer of Yourgene Bioscience, which he founded. After completing his PhD at University of Melbourne, Australia, Dr Chang joined Academia Sinica in 2007 as a research specialist and...
Financial Year End